We are recruiting for Senior Project Managers to join us at Knauf. The Project Manager oversees all aspects of the project using planning, monitoring and controlling processes. They will be responsible for co-ordination and completion of the project and will perform a variety of tasks including setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring and summarizing progress of the project. They may be responsible for more than one project at a time. They will be reporting hierarchically to the Head of Project Management. This position will be based in St Helens (UK) or in Visé (Belgium). The position will include 50% travel.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Establish clear written customer expectations and measurements of the objectives at the beginning of each project (FFU's) with the customer.
• To coordinate all participants to any project( both internal and external).
• Respond to day to day issues requiring design engineering. This includes safety modifications, etc.
• Design and implement plant specific projects not handled by local TSO (includes training, maintenance recommendations, etc.)
• Design, plan, coordinate and direct the execution of all phases of a project from concept to completion and customer acceptance.
• Analyze various options for all phases of project execution, cost, savings, schedules, improvements and establishes an implantation plan.
• Manages engineering, planning, control, procurement and construction personnel in a matrix organisation to accomplish objectives.
• Manages project changes to minimize cost, timing and performance impacts whilst obtaining management approval of changes when required.
• Resolves issues and coordinates activities by serving as the focal point between customers, project team and contractors.
• Negotiates issues with contractors/suppliers to the best interest of the project including plants rules.
• Prepares scopes and estimates with options/alternatives as appropriate to allow the customer to make appropriate business decisions and obtain appropriation approval.
• Maintain competency and state-of-art knowledge in pertinent aspects of engineering disciplines.
• Train and mentor other engineers.
• Respect the Knauf values and apply them in our daily work: Commitment, Entrepreneurship, Partnership and Menschlichkeit.
Skills, Qualifications and Skills:
• At least 5 years' experience in industrial environment.
• Experience managing mechanical main equipment design and production projects.
• Knowledge of project management software, techniques and presentation methods.
• Mechanical systems as conveyors, gearboxes, saws, pumps, belts, packaging equipment).
• Machine control (PLC, control systems).
• Basic techno/economic analysis.
• University degree /industrial engineer level ("polyvalent": mechanic, electricity, physics).
• Proficient in leading, training, and facilitating teams.
• Computer literate and have sufficient statistical skills to be able to design experiments, analyze data, graph results, etc.
• English language (French, Dutch, German or other is a plus).
• Willing to pass period's abroad (50% of the working time, on yearly basis) with periods up to 8 weeks in a row.
• Professionalism, independent and organized thinking, tenacity, ability to manage and account for the details without getting lost in them, proactive "get it done" attitude.
Salary & Benefits
• Competitive Salary
• Annual performance related bonus
• Holiday allowance
• Pension scheme
• Westfield Health Care
• Sick pay (after 3 months of service)
• Life assurance scheme
• Occupational Health & Mental Health First Aiders
• Cycle to work scheme
Knauf Insulation is the UK’s leading provider of high performance, sustainable Glass and Rock Mineral Wool insulation solutions. With more than 40 years of experience in the insulation industry, it is one of the fastest growing and most respected names in insulation worldwide.
As part of the Knauf Group, a €10bn turnover multi-national family-owned manufacturer of building materials and construction systems, Knauf Insulation employs more than 5,500 employees and has 27 manufacturing sites in 15 countries, with a turnover of €2bn in 2019. In the UK, the company employs over 500 people at its manufacturing plants in Cwmbran, Queensferry and St Helens.
Knauf Insulation’s mission is to challenge conventional thinking and create innovative insulation solutions that shape the way we live and build in the future, with care for the people who make them, the people who use them and the world we all depend on.
Its vision is to lead the change in smarter insulation solutions for a better world. Its aspiration is to be the world’s most trusted insulation partner providing high performing and smart insulation solutions and services for a better world.