We are seeking a Process Chemist/Engineer (Binder) within the Process Support
Development Team at our St Helens Head Office. Reporting to the Chemical Technology Manager, the function of the role is to develop new binder application processes, and to optimise the current process. The successful candidate will also work on the standardisation / benchmarking of current process across all GMW EMEA plants, and provide binder application support for new plant start-ups.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Become the primary custodian of the binder process within Knauf Insulation; to include binder manufacturing, application and curing processes.
• Develop the binder application and binder curing processes to reduce manufacturing costs, improve binder application efficiency.
• Report the performance of the binder application process across all GMW plants using appropriate Key Performance Indicators (e.g. Binder Application Efficiency).
• Play a leading role in the development of new binder application technology.
• Provide support to all GMW plants on any binder application or curing issues or investigations.
• Support the construction of new plants, plant upgrades, major modifications and start-ups.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; produce regular technical and operational reports; deliver presentations to senior management or other customers.
• Produce quarterly project updates (written and presented) detailing the developments within the binder process.
Knowledge & Experience:
• The candidate should be educated to at least degree level in a science or engineering discipline
• Some industrial experience in an area of process development would be beneficial
• Six sigma / lean manufacturing experience
• Excellent problem solving / analytical skills
• Good communication skills – report writing, presentations and training across a broad spectrum of employees
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Office and, ideally some knowledge of statistical software
• Ability to manage several project simultaneously / good time management skills
• Ability to meet deadlines / work under pressure / deal with changing priorities
• Ability to work alone or as part of a team
• Willingness to travel - travel abroad represents approximately 25% of working time
Salary & Benefits
• Competitive Salary
• Bonus potential
• Holiday allowance
• Pension scheme
• Westfield Health Care
• Sick pay (after 3 months of service)
• Life assurance scheme
• Occupational Health & Mental Health First Aiders
• Cycle to work scheme
About Knauf Insulation
We are one of the fastest growing and most respected names in insulation worldwide. We are committed to helping our customers to meet the increasing demand for energy efficiency and sustainability in buildings.
Our vision is to lead the change in smarter insulation solutions for a better world. Our aspiration is to be the world’s most trusted insulation partner providing high performing and smart insulation solutions and services for a better world.