Job Title: Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Knauf stands for opportunity. We know that opportunity looks different to each person, and we are proud that we see opportunity in everyone. This exciting role within Knauf Insulation in the Engineering Team could be the perfect next opportunity for you to build a unique career, in a values-led culture with a clear purpose of making tomorrow a home for all of us. We are a global manufacturer of construction materials and within our Group, our 41,500 team members in 90 countries across 300 sites provide a huge opportunity for anyone with ambition and energy. We value everyone's contribution equally and we ask that you bring your whole self to work, to enrich the business further, as together we achieve more in a safe and inclusive environment
Knauf Insulation is proud to be part of the Knauf Group. ….. To learn more about the business, click here.
Can you say ‘yes’?...
- Do you always have the customer in mind?
- Do you treat your colleagues with respect?
- Do you act with safety as a priority?
- Do you have a flexible approach to your work?
- Do you have enjoy working in a busy Engineering environment?
As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, you will maximise availability of the plant and its processes, whilst ensuring they operate effectively, efficiently and safely.
What you’ll be doing…
- Carry out planned electrical and mechanical routine maintenance tasks to ensure plant machinery is running effectively and safely. Ensure routines are completed thoroughly and efficiently.
- Carry out electrical / mechanical repairs on plant as per planned workload.
- Support shift team when required with plant breakdowns.
- Anticipate failures on plant machinery and highlight with recommendations to prevent failure to Team Leader and report using SAPPM notifications.
- Ensure compliance with KI safety policies.
- Follow work instructions on planned activities and report concerns with any instructions to Team Leader.
- Support plant improvement by submitting CI ideas.
- Go the extra mile when required to help maintain plant output and offer flexibility regarding support requirements.
- Working a Day-shift work pattern
A full Job Description is available on request.
What we’d love for you to have:
We are interested in you as a person, your attitude, behaviours, and values. If you have the willingness to learn anything you need for the role that you don't already have, we'd love to speak to you.
If you have any of the following – this would be an added advantage:
- Time served multi skilled engineer ideally with ONC qualification in a technical discipline or suitable knowledge through experience.
- Flexible in terms of break times to suit the needs of the business.
- Able to manage own time.
- Willing to develop skills when given the opportunity to do so.
- Strong communication skills.
- Flexible to carry out any task as requested within their capability (training, competence)
- Proactive mind-set and good planning skills.
- Experience of working in a continuous process environment.
- Proficient in use of SAPPM system and other computer operated systems.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus potential
- Full Time, Permanent position
- Enhanced Holiday Pay – 33 days including bank holidays plus the opportunity to purchase more
- 16 weeks Company Sick Pay after 3 months of service
- Group Income Protection
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption packages
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Career Progression Routes
- Employee Assistance Programme through Health Assured
- Westfield Health Cash Plan
- Access to Virtual G.P Service
- Access to Costco Membership
- Wickes Employee Purchase Scheme
- On site Gyms
- Wellbeing Initiatives and Mental Health First Aiders
- Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- On site Car Charging Points
What happens next?
We appreciate that your time is precious and applying for a new job can be a lengthy process, so we will reply to your application ASAP.