Job Title: Hot End Process Leader
Knauf stands for opportunity. We know that opportunity looks different to each person, and we are proud that we see opportunity in everyone. This exciting role within Knauf Insulation in the Process & Quality Team could be the perfect next opportunity for you to build a unique career, in a values-led culture with a clear purpose of making tomorrow a home for all of us. We are a global manufacturer of construction materials and within our Group, our 41,500 team members in 90 countries across 300 sites provide a huge opportunity for anyone with ambition and energy. We value everyone's contribution equally and we ask that you bring your whole self to work, to enrich the business further, as together we achieve more in a safe and inclusive environment.
Knauf Insulation is proud to be part of the Knauf Group. ….. To learn more about the business, click here.
Can you say ‘yes’?...
- Do you enjoy the responsibility of being a subject expert?
- Do you treat people with respect?
- Are you looking to build a career with a global company?
- Do you act with future generations in mind?
As the Hot End Process Leader at our Queensferry plant, you will be expert reference point for the Hot End process. You will be challenged to improve the reliability, control and real cost of all the Hot End processes, whilst identifying and implementing best practice from internal and external sources.
What you’ll be doing…
- Ensure that operators carry out their duties in a safe and effective manner and that their ongoing training needs are met through the sharing of process investigation.
- Monitor the production facilities and use data analysis techniques to develop improvements and preventative activities.
- Ensure that the melt mineralogy is compliant with the required standard and to facilitate regular testing and auditing.
- Improve the knowledge database for enhanced understanding of the melting, fiberizing and forming processes – supplying key information for training and work instructions, ensure that this knowledge is communicated and understood by hot end operators.
- Utilise process data to reduce costs whilst maintaining compliant product.
- Identify any process/equipment issues to the maintenance department to ensure that batch, binder, cupola, fiberizing are efficient and reliable
- Identify and recommend improvements to the process and products to ensure that product quality and process efficiency are continually improved.
- Liaise with production and process to maximise the development of new product / process trials.
- Undertake process trials to optimize process and manufacture “right first-time product” every time.
- Benchmark performance against other similar sites in the group and implement any changes required to make Queensferry the role model.
- Contribute to the technical specification of the product and raw materials to ensure that quality standards are maintained and improved where possible.
- Monitor energy consumption and ensure that equipment is operating at minimum energy consumption for the process specified.
- Maintain and further optimize site databases for process data collection.
- To liaise with central product and process development department to maximise the success of new product/process trials, including implementing new processes.
- Provide monthly statistics to Process and Quality Manager for RMW plant reporting.
- Comply with and promote all health, safety, environmental and energy requirements for the job, site and company. To identify, confront and report unsafe behaviour to prevent safety or environmental incidents.
- To monitor and improve abatement control and compliance through process management.
- Ensure all work practices are implemented so that compliance to the plant operating permit is maintained.
- Support Environmental monitoring and compliance, testing and reporting.
- To use and apply site and company management systems.
- Undertake to train on new equipment or to learn new processes and systems relevant to the job as required.
- Incorporate the Knauf Values in all aspect of day-to-day working.
- Embrace and develop culture of Continuous Improvement in the process.
What we’d love for you to have:
We are interested in you as a person, your attitude, behaviours and values. If you have the willingness to learn anything you need for the role that you don't already have, we'd love to speak to you.
If you have any of the following – this would be an added advantage:
- Extensive experience of working as an expert process leader
- A degree in a science or engineering subject.
- Confident communication style
- Logical solving skills
- An excellent eye for numbers and figures
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus potential
- Full Time, Permanent position
- Enhanced Holiday Pay – 33 days including bank holidays plus the opportunity to purchase more
- 16 weeks Company Sick Pay after 3 months of service
- Group Income Protection
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption packages
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- Career Progression Routes
- Employee Assistance Programme through Health Assured
- Westfield Health Cash Plan
- Access to Virtual G.P Service
- Access to Costco Membership
- Wickes Employee Purchase Scheme
- On site Gyms
- Wellbeing Initiatives and Mental Health First Aiders
- Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- On site Car Charging Points
What happens next?
We appreciate that your time is precious and applying for a new job can be a lengthy process, so we will reply to your application ASAP.