Job Title: Shift Technician
Knauf stands for opportunity. We know that opportunity looks different to each person, and we are proud that we see opportunity in everyone. This exciting role within Knauf Insulation in the Engineering Team could be the perfect next opportunity for you to build a unique career, in a values-led culture with a clear purpose of making tomorrow a home for all of us. We are a global manufacturer of construction materials and within our Group, our 41,500 team members in 90 countries across 300 sites provide a huge opportunity for anyone with ambition and energy. We value everyone's contribution equally and we ask that you bring your whole self to work, to enrich the business further, as together we achieve more in a safe and inclusive environment.
Knauf Insulation is proud to be part of the Knauf Group. ….. To learn more about the business, click here.
Can you say ‘yes’?...
- Do you always have the customer in mind?
- Do you treat your colleagues with respect?
- Do you act with safety as a priority?
- Do you have a flexible approach to your work?
- Do you have enjoy working in a busy Engineering environment?
As Shift Technician you will be responsible for maximising availability of plant equipment through effective preventative and reactive maintenance on a fast-moving production line. The Shift Technician is usually the only engineering team member working on a given shift. This means they will usually have a control / electrical background but must be capable of undertaking basic mechanical repairs.
What you’ll be doing…
- Maintaining the plant by performing planned preventative and predictive maintenance tasks and efficient response to plant breakdowns.
- Comply with the Company’s Health & Safety and Environmental Policy and Procedures so that a safe and secure environment is maintained.
- Actively engage in plant Continuous Improvement activities.
What we’d love for you to have:
We are interested in you as a person, your attitude, behaviours and values. If you have the willingness to learn anything you need for the role that you don't already have, we'd love to speak to you.
If you have any of the following – this would be an added advantage:
- Capable of obtaining information from electrical drawings of various standards
- Fully conversant with motor starters and control systems
- Good understanding of motor variable speed technology (preferably ABB)
- Understanding of relay logic systems
- Understanding of networked PLC systems including ability to fault find and perform programming functions (preferably Siemens S7 / Profibus / ASI)
- Understanding of electronic weight control
- Familiarity with a variety of instrumentation types
- Capable of taking on project tasks and seeing them through from conception to implementation
- Clear understanding of electrical (e.g. 17th Edition Wiring Regulations) and process safety standards
- Understanding of the principles of the HASWA and associated regulations
- Awareness of the principles of Environment Agency / Natural Resources Wales requirements
- Able and willing to work beyond control engineering boundaries
- Able to communicate across different levels within the organisation.
- Confident enough to make decisions based on information available
- Ability to look at situations holistically
- A flexible approach to shift patterns
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus potential
- Full Time, Permanent position
- Enhanced Holiday Pay – 33 days including bank holidays plus the opportunity to purchase more
- 16 weeks Company Sick Pay after 3 months of service
- Group Income Protection
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption packages
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- Career Progression Routes
- Employee Assistance Programme through Health Assured
- Westfield Health Cash Plan
- Access to Virtual G.P Service
- Access to Costco Membership
- Wickes Employee Purchase Scheme
- On site Gyms
- Wellbeing Initiatives and Mental Health First Aiders
- Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- On site Car Charging Points
What happens next?
We appreciate that your time is precious and applying for a new job can be a lengthy process, so we will reply to your application ASAP.