Knauf stands for opportunity. We know that opportunity looks different to each person, and we are proud that we see opportunity in everyone. This exciting role within Knauf Insulation in the Engineering Team could be the perfect next opportunity for you to build a unique career, in a values-led culture with a clear purpose of making tomorrow a home for all of us. We are a global manufacturer of construction materials and within our Group, our 41,500 team members in 90 countries across 300 sites provide a huge opportunity for anyone with ambition and energy. We value everyone's contribution equally and we ask that you bring your whole self to work, to enrich the business further, as together we achieve more in a safe and inclusive environment.
Knauf Insulation is proud to be part of the Knauf Group. ….. To learn more about the business, click here.
Can you say ‘yes’?...
- Do you always have the customer in mind?
- Do you like to build and develop relationships?
- Do you treat your colleagues with respect?
- Do you like to provide guidance and give direction?
- Do you act with future generations in mind?
As a Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor, manage the mechanical maintenance team by providing guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to the team, whilst achieving a safe working environment & optimal equipment technical availability.
What you’ll be doing…
- Directing, leading, motivating, coaching and developing the maintenance team so that they maintain the plant.
- Apply, and ensure compliance, with the Company’s Health & Safety and Environmental Policy and Procedures so that a safe and secure environment is maintained.
- Ensuring all financial control procedures are adhered to so that the Engineering Team has an accurate and up to date picture of current spend vs. budget.
- Standardising maintenance tasks, applying CI techniques and investigating new technologies in predictive and preventative maintenance, continually improve the performance of the maintenance team in in line with the strategic plan in order to attain world class maintenance standards.
- Supporting the Engineering Manager in keeping the Site, buildings and fabric, physical infrastructure and Manufacturing and Assembly assets and equipment, in a well maintained and safe condition.
What we’d love for you to have:
We are interested in you as a person, your attitude, behaviours and values. If you have the willingness to learn anything you need for the role that you don't already have, we'd love to speak to you.
If you have any of the following – this would be an added advantage:
- Time served multi skilled engineer ideally with HNC qualification in a Technical discipline or suitable knowledge through experience.
- Highly tuned people management skills along with strong communication skills
- Experience in the application of HR and Health & Safety procedures with an understanding of the principles of Employment and Safety at Work Legislation & PUWER Regulations.
- Demonstrable achievements in Continuous Improvement, Change Management disciplines, tools and techniques and evident motivation to impart these to others.
- A leadership style that creates confidence and commitment across a range of work groups rather than simply with immediate reports.
- A use of persuasive skills rather than traditional positional authority to resolve cross functional problems
- A “Go, See & touch” approach to follow items.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus potential
- Full Time, Permanent position
- Enhanced Holiday Pay – 33 days including bank holidays plus the opportunity to purchase more
- 16 weeks Company Sick Pay after 3 months of service
- Group Income Protection
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption packages
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- Career Progression Routes
- Employee Assistance Programme through Health Assured
- Westfield Health Cash Plan
- Access to Virtual G.P Service
- Access to Costco Membership
- Wickes Employee Purchase Scheme
- On site Gyms
- Wellbeing Initiatives and Mental Health First Aiders
- Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- On site Car Charging Points
What happens next?
We appreciate that your time is precious and applying for a new job can be a lengthy process, so we will reply to your application ASAP.