Knauf stands for opportunity. We know that opportunity looks different to each person, and we are proud that we see opportunity in everyone. This exciting role within Knauf Insulation in the Engineering Team could be the perfect next opportunity for you to build a unique career, in a values-led culture with a clear purpose of making tomorrow a home for all of us. We are a global manufacturer of construction materials and within our Group, our 41,500 team members in 90 countries across 300 sites provide a huge opportunity for anyone with ambition and energy. We value everyone's contribution equally and we ask that you bring your whole self to work, to enrich the business further, as together we achieve more in a safe and inclusive environment.
Knauf Insulation is proud to be part of the Knauf Group. ….. To learn more about the business, click here.
Can you say ‘yes’?...
- Do you like to build and develop relationships?
- Do you treat people with respect?
- Are you looking to build a career with a global company?
- Do you act with future generations in mind?
As an Electrical Engineer You will maximise availability of the plant and processes and ensure they operate effectively, efficiently and safely by managing the maintenance function of the department. You will lead and develop the electrical team, whilst ensuring compliance to the safety rules and company values.
What you’ll be doing…
- Apply, and ensure compliance, with the Company’s Health & Safety and Environmental Policy and Procedures by all personnel so that a safe and secure environment is maintained.
- Ensure that the planned maintenance as set out in SAP is completed on planed intervals and to a high standard, ensuring that documentation is correct and up to date with a up to date BOM and spare parts available.
- Manage maintenance expenditure in your area of control in order that agreed solutions are delivered within budget.
- Actively engaging in plant CI activities, liaise with CI Teams to engage & implement improvement projects around the site. Provide support with the development of OSI PI & PLC links to improve plant visualisation of process.
- Support the Maintenance Manager in keeping the Site, buildings and fabric, physical infrastructure and Manufacturing and Assembly assets and equipment, in a well maintained and safe condition through implementation of agreed capex projects.
- Ensure all equipment history is relevant and up to date, using SAP to track maintenance. PM to be modified to keep maintenance techniques modern.
What we’d love for you to have:
We are interested in you as a person, your attitude, behaviours and values. If you have the willingness to learn anything you need for the role that you don't already have, we'd love to speak to you.
If you have any of the following – this would be an added advantage:
- An experienced engineer with a degree in electrical engineering or equivalent knowledge through experience.
- Highly tuned people management skills along with strong communication skills
- Experienced in the application of Health & Safety procedures with an understanding of the principles of Employment and Safety at Work Legislation & PUWER Regulations.
- Demonstrable achievements in Continuous Improvement, Change Management disciplines, tools and techniques and evident motivation to impart these to others.
- Use of a leadership style that creates confidence and commitment across a range of work groups rather than simply with own department.
- IOSH Safety Qualification or ideally NEBOSH certificate
- Flexible in terms of break & finish times to suit the needs of the business.
- Flexible to carry out any task as requested within their capability (training, competence)
- Data driven & Result focused.
- Proactive mind-set and excellent planning skills.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus potential
- Full Time, Permanent position
- Enhanced Holiday Pay – 33 days including bank holidays plus the opportunity to purchase more
- 16 weeks Company Sick Pay after 3 months of service
- Group Income Protection
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption packages
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- Career Progression Routes
- Employee Assistance Programme through Health Assured
- Westfield Health Cash Plan
- Access to Virtual G.P Service
- Access to Costco Membership
- Wickes Employee Purchase Scheme
- On site Gyms
- Wellbeing Initiatives and Mental Health First Aiders
- Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- On site Car Charging Points
What happens next?
We appreciate that your time is precious and applying for a new job can be a lengthy process, so we will reply to your application ASAP.