Job Title: Maintenance Planner
Knauf stands for opportunity. We know that opportunity looks different to each person, and we are proud that we see opportunity in everyone. This exciting role within Knauf Insulation in the Engineering Team could be the perfect next opportunity for you to build a unique career, in a values-led culture with a clear purpose of making tomorrow a home for all of us. We are a global manufacturer of construction materials and within our Group, our 41,500 team members in 90 countries across 300 sites provide a huge opportunity for anyone with ambition and energy. We value everyone's contribution equally and we ask that you bring your whole self to work, to enrich the business further, as together we achieve more in a safe and inclusive environment
Knauf Insulation is proud to be part of the Knauf Group. ….. To learn more about the business, click here.
Can you say ‘yes’?...
- Do you always have the customer in mind?
- Do you treat your colleagues with respect?
- Do you act with safety as a priority?
- Do you have a flexible approach to your work?
- Do you have enjoy working in a busy Engineering environment?
As the Maintenance Planner, you will support the maintenance team by providing planning activities for SAP PM Notifications, ad-hoc tasks, drop shift, contractors and service contracts. You will also follow up actions and give guidance and direction to the team for the purpose of achieving a safe working environment & optimal equipment availability whilst working within the agreed budget.
What you’ll be doing…
- Daily reviews of SAP notifications and conversion into work orders detailing scope of work
- Estimate manpower, duration of work and stock location of parts required.
- Identifying parts for work orders
- Planning of work orders that require external contract support.
- Ensuring procurement of goods and service for work is completed before planning of work.
- Planning of larger scale engineering tasks that require parts ordering, contractor utilisation or line downtime.
- Planning of improvement activities
- OCO planning, develop a capture list for OCO tasks and forward planning of major tasks to utilise OCO time. Ensuring intrusive PM’s are issued as part of OCO plan.
- Create and maintain a visual planning process for work orders and OCO planning.
- Reporting completion statistics for the daily review meetings.
- Champion of SAP PM system, ensuring PM’s are distributed to maintenance leader for Execution.
- Ensure accurate times are planned for routines to allow assistant leaders ability to resource schedule.
- Ensure compliance with KI safety policies
- Ensure contractor hours are recorded in SAP PM
- Budget Control
- Minimise contractor use for drop shift tasks by full utilisation of maintenance team available manpower.
- Promote an awareness of cost within the team and the importance of cost management.
- Spare Parts Management – To ensure correct level of spare parts are technically identified and specified as stock items.
- Responsible for BOM maintenance
- Documentation – Secondary owner of the site engineering documentation process. Ensure site documentation is maintained properly. Ensure all documentation modifications transferred to the KI Extranet drawing system. Provide technical folders for all new projects. Define and maintain an acceptance package for all new / modified installations.
- Liaise with KI staffs for any defects/improvement/preventive/corrective jobs.
- Liaise with suppliers/contractors/consultant/authorities, for planning purposes.
- Ensure all staffs/contractors comply with KI’s safety policy / regulations / procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
What we’d love for you to have:
We are interested in you as a person, your attitude, behaviours, and values. If you have the willingness to learn anything you need for the role that you don't already have, we'd love to speak to you.
If you have any of the following – this would be an added advantage:
- Degree in Engineering or a minimum 5 years of working experience in related field.
- A strong technical knowledge and hands on experience of maintenance process/activities
- Highly Capable at using SAP/SAP PM/Microsoft 365 applications
- Experienced in the application of Health & Safety procedures
- Demonstrable achievements in Continuous Improvement, Change Management disciplines, tools and techniques and evident motivation to impart these to others.
- Proactive mind-set and good planning skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as part of a team and work within deadlines
- To be assertive and have self-confidence in presenting and supporting conclusions
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus potential
- Full Time, Permanent position
- Holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Westfield Health Care
- Sick pay (after 3 months of service)
- Life assurance scheme
- Occupational Health & Mental Health First Aiders
- Cycle to work scheme
What happens next?
We appreciate that your time is precious and applying for a new job can be a lengthy process, so we will reply to your application ASAP.